08 Jul The Weigh Scale Approach to Decision Making
Would you like to capitalize on this incredible real estate market but aren’t sure if it’s the right time? Well, get in line. There are a lot of homeowners right now that tend to feel trapped. Not in the literal sense, of course, but from the simple standpoint of, ”It’s not the right time.”
Recently, we helped a family make a difficult decision on whether to sell now or wait a few years until their kids had graduated high school. Another family we helped wasn’t sure whether to wait two more years until their retirement. And yet another family we helped were recent empty nesters and weren’t sure whether to keep the house for when the grandkids came to visit. These are just a few classic examples of decisions families had to make when balancing the value of the emotional and economic situations. Is now the time to capitalize on the equity that you’ve built in your home through a hot real estate market?
The families mentioned were able to make an educated decision via the Scale Approach. Picture a weight scale. On one side of the scale is where you place the emotional factors. On the other side you place the economic factors. After you’re done weighing the factors, the side that weighs the most may be your answer.
We’re here to help! The Regan Team specializes in helping families make tough decisions. It’s never too early to start planning. The first step is making the phone call to set up a 45-minute meeting. In that meeting, we need to address a few things, regardless of whether or not you’re selling tomorrow or in five years.
- What is the value of my home today? Like an annual check-up with the doctor, it’s good
to have a yearly check up on your largest asset. You may be pleasantly surprised.
- What low cost improvements can I make to increase the value of my home before I put
it up for sale? For example, a dollar spent on a coat of paint can increase your margin by
five times when selling.
- Last, but not least, let’s talk about a game plan. A good game plan is the foundation to
good decision making. And we have tons of experience in tried and tested game plans.
Here are a few ideas that we’ve heard from others in your position.
- My kids are still in school
- My grandkids want to visit
- The dog needs a backyard to run in
- I’ve been in my home for years
- Close to familiar amenities
- Proximity to work
- My house is worth more money than ever
- I like the idea of selling for maximum profit and putting some cash in my pocket
- I can now afford to accomplish my goals and live my dreams
- I’ve built incredible wealth through owning my home
- Maybe now I can afford to help family and friends
- Simplifying my life sounds good